Monday, April 21, 2014

Harvest Monday April 21st, 2014

Imagine my delight when I saw this last week.

Whoohoo! My first harvest of the year. It wasn't weighed or recorded. It wasn't really big enough for that.

Since I was trying eggs on my elimination diet, I put the chives into some eggs. Yum.

And I am still eating from my stores. I had the flu last week so I ate a lot of rice and fruit and not too much from the stores. I have a lot of greens to still eat up. But sadly just one sweet potato is left. Though it is a huge one.

Harvest Monday is a day to show off your harvests, how you are saving your harvest, or how you are using your harvest. If you have a harvest you want to show off, add your name and link to Mr Linky below.

15 comments:

  1. Guess you will need to plant more sweet potatoes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My chives are happy, too...and eggs are a great place to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sorry for you Daphne. You so obviously enjoy food, and it must be grim having to go through that elimination diet palaver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for chives. We are seriously putting them on everything right now just because it feels so good to go out to the garden to pick something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple pleasures from the garden, starting with chives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a nice patch of chives growing and then a gopher ate almost all of them, I was able to rescue one tiny clump. :( I will really miss them this year, I love them in my salads. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah for harvests!!! I'm jealous of your chives, we still haven't gotten any in at our new place but I do have some started indoors under the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better. I love chive, it's always the first spring veg I harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be too hot here in Florida I could never get my seed to come up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chives and eggs - I never thought of that but it sounds really good. Is that Feta in the omelette?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My chives grow wild all over the yard! I planted 2 nice bunches in 1982 and the rest as history!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your chives look good. I think mine are up about the same but a smaller patch. I wanted more so splurged today and bought a little starter instead of planting seeds. So good to see things coming up! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chives are never more appreciated than now, when they're the first of the edibles to appear!

    ReplyDelete